Source: Focus on Grammar Workbook 2nd edition, pages
Exercise 1 Affirmative and Negative Statements with BE SUPPOSED TO
Today when people get married, the groom's family often shares the expenses,
and older couples often pay for their won weddings. However, some people
are still traditional. Read the chart and complete the sentences.
|Traditional Division of
|Responsibilities of the Bride's Family
||Responsibilities of the Groom's Family
||pay for the bride's ring
|pay for food
||give a rehearsal dinner
||finance the honeymoon
|pay for the groom's ring
- The groom's parents aren't supposed to send the
- The bride's family _________________________________ the invitations.
- The bride's parents _________________________________ music.
- The groom's family ________________________________ the groom's ring.
- The groom's family ________________________________ the bride's ring.
- The bride's parents ________________________________ the honeymoon.
- The groom's family __________________________________ the honeymoon.
- The bride's parents _________________________________ the rehearsal
- The groom's family ______________________________ the flowers.
- The bride's family _________________________________ the food.
Exercise 2 Questions and Answers with Be Supposed To
Linda and her new husband are on their honeymoon. Complete the conversations.
Use the words in the box and be supposed to. Use short answers when
- Linda: What time ____________________we ______________________ in
Frank: Well, the plane ____________________________________ at 10:30,
but it looks like we're going to be late.
- Linda: What time _____________________we
__________________________to the hotel?
Frank: Check-in time is 12:00.
- Linda: _____________________we ________________________________if
we're going to be late?
Frank: _________________________________. We'd better look for a
phone as soon as we land.
- Frank: How much _________________________we
_____________________________ the person who carries our bags.?
Linda: I think its $1.00 a bag.
- Frank: ___________________the hotel restaurant
Linda: _____________________________________. The travel agent
suggested that we go somewhere else for dinner.
- Linda: What __________________________we_________________________with
our keys when we leave the hotel?
Frank: We ________________________________ them at the front desk.
- Linda: __________________it ________________________________ today?
Frank: _________________________________. But look at those
clouds. I think we'd better take an umbrella just in case.
- Linda: Can you hand me that bottle of sunblock?
Frank: Sure. _________________ you ___________________________
the bottle before you use it?
Linda: I don't know. What do the instructions say?